Skip to main content

RuLo Top and Tunic


I'm not always comfortable with wearing a crop top. My belly is a secret that I would like to keep to myself. When I was approached with the challenge of making a crop top, I wasn't thrilled, but I took it as an opportunity to shine.


I decided that the new George + Ginger RuLo Crop Top would be great with a pair of mid waist Chelsea Pants by Greenstyle Creations. The RuLo's full bell sleeves with ties really compliments the flair of the Chelsea pants. This ensemble is sheer perfection in my eyes. 




Not only is the RuLo an awesome crop top, it can also be a regular length, tunic, dress and an over-sized dolman. These fabulous sleeves has the options to be a full bell, with or without ties, single, double, triple bell, or a basic sleeve. But wait there's more.  There is even an option for shoulder ruffles.



The RuLo top can be made with a two-way stretch sweater knit. You will need about 2 + yards of fabric.  I got my sweater knit from the clearance fabric section at Walmart.  This sweater knit is very thin but it was easy to sew, and for the price, $1 a yard, it's a total win.




This RuLo is the tunic length version with 3 bell tier sleeves. I'm in love with the sleeves of this tunic. It takes a little extra fabric to make but it is so worth it. This is such a simple yet striking piece. I paired it with my awesome knee high boots and snake skin leggings, both from JCPenney's.




This fabric is from Girl Charlee. (referral link.) It is a 4 way stretch vertical zigzag hacci sweater knit. I have a secret, i cut the fabric opposite of the vertical stretch. I liked the fabric much better as a diagonal zigzag so I did a bad thing.  It works and I couldn't pass on the price of this material. 




This top is by far the most ME top that I've made in a while. If you've never tried George + Ginger patterns now is the time. This pattern comes together in no time and with good fabric bargain finds, you could be styling on the cheap!!

Keep Sewing!
SewKyrsto






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drama Dress

When velvet first came into the fabric lovers world, I was not it's greatest fan. I thought that the fabric was outdated and just ugly. Well I've since changed my mind. When I saw this green stretch velvet I knew it would be the perfect compliment to my  Drama Dress  by G+G. It's such a simple yet sophisticated piece for a cool night out. The Drama Dress has a great draping effect. There are two fit options; slim or full. I went with the slim fitting version. I like that this dress shows off the right curves but is not too tight and revealing. I can still feel glamorous even when I'm not feeling my lightest. With the Drama Dress,  G+G  has given us many options. There are 4 different neckline options; collar, keyhole, bowtie, and basic. I wanted a basic dress so I went with the basic neckline. There are also 4 sleeve choices; long 3/4th, short and sleeveless. I wanted to include some dramatics to the drama so I added 6 inches to the long sle

The Starc Top

My summer style consists of clothes that are cool, comfortable and flattering.  The  Starc Top  by G+G is hitting all of the marks!! Wait until you check out the back of this top! The strappy back design makes this top one of my most charming garments! The split strap design of the Starc Top is such a unique concept. I'll be honest, applying the straps to the diamond and top was not the easiest process. G+G pattern instructions are clear and precise. There are also pictures to go along with each step. It may be a little harder than most, but it is totally worth it in the end. I made the Starc Top using 1 yard of bamboo lycra from  Twisted Needle Textiles . This bamboo lycra is the best, hands down, for a summer top. It's thin, has a lot of drape, and is very easy to work with.  This fabric, called Mint Filagree, is TNT's round 5 pre-order that ends on July 6th. TNT has quite a few choices of fabrics with their pre-orders and they are always co

Women's Be the Leader Top

I am actually wearing a crop top and showing off my mommy belly!! I have faced my body fears and now I can conquer the world! When I got the assignment to test the  Women's Be the Leader Top  by  Ellie and Mac  I had a total moment of panic. I wasn't sure that I could pull this off. But the name of the pattern is Be the Leader so how can I not stand up to this challenge? Can you see my mommy belly? It's not too bad, is it? The Women's Be the Leader Top is an off the shoulder top with a beautiful flounce accent. This versatile top comes in several different lengths; crop, shirt, and tunic length. The flounce comes in two lengths. I made the longer flounce and of course, the cropped length. I still can't get over the fact that I am actually wearing a cropped top!! The available sleeve lengths are; short, 3/4th, and long. I chose to make the 3/4th length sleeve. It's totally my favorite length sleeve for this top.  I paired the pink