Skip to main content

Going Home Sweater


When I was asked to sew up a Floral Heroes custom panel for KNITorious Fabric, I contemplated which pattern that I wanted to use.  When I got the 30x36 panel I definitely knew that I needed to make the Going Home Sweater by Ellie and Mac.  I had to do the Floral Heroes justice by using the whole panel.


The Going Home Sweater can be shirt, tunic, or dress length.  I chose to make the tunic length.  I had no problem cutting the tunic length from this panel.  There are three different sleeve lengths short, 3/4th, and long sleeve.  The long sleeves can be made with cuffs, which I love.  I'm also a fan of the hem band, anytime that I don't have to hem is a plus.


How much do you love Storm from X-men?  She just happens to be my favorite X-man and overall hero.  There weren't very many heroes of color when I was growing up so when I saw Storm, I was  in love.  Her awesome powers and beauty were really inspiring to me as a pre-teen.  I wanted to be her. This panel was perfect for me!!



KNITorious Fabrics has the softest most vibrant Cotton Lycra that I've sewn with. There are several awesome heroes to chose from with this pre-order round, floral and non-floral.  I had the honor of sewing the Floral Heroes Blizzard Lady.  The Floral Pinup in grunge mixed with the hero panel is my kind of girlie. The Heroes Round is open until March 25th.




The Going Home Sweater is by far, my favorite tunic right now. I love the length of it. I dressed it up with thigh high flat boots, but it could look just as good with leggings and flip-flops.  Don't forget to pre-order your fabric from KNITorious!!



Keep Sewing
SewKyrsto 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drama Dress

When velvet first came into the fabric lovers world, I was not it's greatest fan. I thought that the fabric was outdated and just ugly. Well I've since changed my mind. When I saw this green stretch velvet I knew it would be the perfect compliment to my  Drama Dress  by G+G. It's such a simple yet sophisticated piece for a cool night out. The Drama Dress has a great draping effect. There are two fit options; slim or full. I went with the slim fitting version. I like that this dress shows off the right curves but is not too tight and revealing. I can still feel glamorous even when I'm not feeling my lightest. With the Drama Dress,  G+G  has given us many options. There are 4 different neckline options; collar, keyhole, bowtie, and basic. I wanted a basic dress so I went with the basic neckline. There are also 4 sleeve choices; long 3/4th, short and sleeveless. I wanted to include some dramatics to the drama so I added 6 inches to the long sle

Women's Be the Leader Top

I am actually wearing a crop top and showing off my mommy belly!! I have faced my body fears and now I can conquer the world! When I got the assignment to test the  Women's Be the Leader Top  by  Ellie and Mac  I had a total moment of panic. I wasn't sure that I could pull this off. But the name of the pattern is Be the Leader so how can I not stand up to this challenge? Can you see my mommy belly? It's not too bad, is it? The Women's Be the Leader Top is an off the shoulder top with a beautiful flounce accent. This versatile top comes in several different lengths; crop, shirt, and tunic length. The flounce comes in two lengths. I made the longer flounce and of course, the cropped length. I still can't get over the fact that I am actually wearing a cropped top!! The available sleeve lengths are; short, 3/4th, and long. I chose to make the 3/4th length sleeve. It's totally my favorite length sleeve for this top.  I paired the pink

Gloria Peplum

 I have this weird obsession with showing off my shoulders. They are my best features, to me.  I always favor sleeveless, off the shoulder or cold shoulder tops. The split sleeves of the new  Gloria Peplum  by  5 out of 4 Patterns  are such a unique feature to such a great pattern. I was extremely excited to test the Gloria Peplum pattern. This awesome high/low peplum top presented a fashionable reason to show off my shoulders. The Gloria pattern has so many length options; peplum, short and long skater skirt, peplum, short and long high/low skirt. I was impressed with all of the options that come with the Gloria pattern. There is something for everyone. I decided that I would test the Peplum high/low option. The flattering fitted waist really complements the high/low peplum. This gives the silhouette of a super dainty figure on all body types. There are so many sleeve options to choose from. The sleeves can be made in the traditional option or there is a s